About Your PTA
Parents at Ashley Falls are very supportive of PTA – we thank you! By joining this organization you add your name to a list that grows in strength and influence the longer it gets. When we need to advocate for change for our children in Sacramento and Washington D.C., PTA can point to their membership list and say “listen to what we have to say”.
In the 2016-2017 year, our PTA hopes to accomplish the following goals and initiatives.
I. To support our children’s character development and education by:
- Physical health through Jog-a-thon, Walk to School Wednesdays and Red Ribbon Week activities
- Academic support through Study Buddy supplementary days, school assemblies and classroom mini-grants
- Reflections – a celebration of student achievement in the arts
- Support of our PE, Art, Science, and Technology programs and promoting support of the Del Mar Schools Education Foundation which helps to pay for these teachers
II. To promote school spirit and family involvement through activities such as:
- Coffees with the Principal
III. Encourage Ashley Falls community outreach and communication by:
- increasing Kindergarten and new family participation in PTA meetings and committee work
- supporting Site Council via PTA communications and round-table discussions
- promoting community service projects by supporting Kid Power
IV. Accomplish the above goals through community involvement, volunteer efforts and fundraisers (Carnival, Membership/Directory, and Wrapping Paper).